Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I'm so moving to murray

Wow - was that Mayor guy hot or what?! That mustache - mmm. Imagine cuddling up to that every night.

Judges’ Picks

Paula picked “And So It Goes” by Billy Joel for David Archuleta – what a yawn. Once again, we see David crooning away with that glazed-over look in his eyes and sappy little smile. I know I’ve said it before, but the boy has no soul. Maybe he should hang out with Isaac Hayes and see if that helps. Wouldn’t it be funny to overlay D.A.’s voice when Chef goes into one of his “Lay You Down By The Fiiiiyyyaaahhhh” rifts?

Randy Jackson chose “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys for Syesha Mercado. I think she did the song justice. She looked fabulous, although I know this is usually the kiss of death. It’s a very tough song, but I think she pulled it off.


Simon Cowell chose, get this – “First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” by Roberta Flack for David Cook. Of all the artists represented on the show, Roberta Flack would be the last person I’d choose for the metal/rocker guy. But, true to form, David changed it up and made it sound like it was written for him. David called me freaking out last week about this. I just told him to chill, and gave him some ideas on the arrangement. I think it turned out great.

Contestants’ Picks

David A. chose "With You” by Chris Brown. Now I understand he was FINALLY trying to sing something that actually had a tempo, but this just didn’t work. What was all that “My Boo” crap, anyway? It just sounded creepy coming from our little Idol mascot. Who knows, if “Daddy Dearest” was allowed any input he might have picked a better song. But at least this way he didn’t make David cry.

David Cook performed "Dare You To Move" by someone too young for me to know. I'm told it's a fairly new song, which explains my befuddlement. It was good, but once again, I couldn't fully enjoy it because I didn't know it. David, I've said it before and I'll say it again - I NEED to be consulted on your song choices.

Syesha chose “Fever” by Peggy Lee. The judges totally bagged on her, but personally I liked it. I love that song though, so I’m probably biased. If anything, it was a maybe bit on the Vegas side. But you know these darn kids these days with their new-fangled ways wouldn’t appreciate a golden oldie like “Fever”. I don’t think it was a good choice, but I still liked it.

Producers’ Picks

Ahem. For the record, the producers are obviously on crack.

For David A., they chose “Longer Than” by Dan Fogelberg. Wow. This song was over-the-top, vomit in my mouth cheesy when it came out in the 80’s. I hated it then, and I hate it now. So to hear the cheesiest contestant ever singing the cheesiest song ever, well, it was more than I could bear. It was a limburger cheese fest – pure cheese, and really stunk. At this point though, Little Davie could sing the ABC’s and get moved on to the next round.


David C. was assigned “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” by Aerosmith. Of the 3, this was the only producers’ pick that made an iota of sense. As usual, he did an awesome job with it. I loved the violins on stage. Jamie, I’m sorry, but I’m adding him to my 5.

For Syesha, they picked “Hit Me Up” from the “Happy Feet” soundtrack – as if she didn’t have enough problems. It was cute and bouncy, totally like something I’d see at a Disneyland show. Very, very unfortunate. Have a great life, Syesha.
posted by Jean at Wednesday, May 14, 2008 -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2